Monday, September 19, 2005

Friends

I don’t understand why people don’t take the time to see when they have hurt someone. Especially someone they have cared about for a long time. I recently comforted a friend that has been and continues to be hurt by people who are supposed to love her. Are we so caught up in our lives that we are ignoring those around us that have helped us to become the people we are? Are we so oblivious that we can not even see that they are hurting? Well I say stop it! Shame on you! Shame on me! I am thankful for all the friends I have, those in the past, present and future. I know that relationships change over the years. Some grow apart, some get stronger, but every one of those friends have contributed to your life to make you who you are. Even the friends I do not see or talk to very often are still dear to me and have helped to shape me over the years. I do not ever want to miss that I have hurt them in any way. I ask that we take the time to ponder over all the friends we have had in our life, thank God that they have come across our path, and if in remembering we find that one may be hurting, remember to BE a friend!


Friends
A friend is someone we turn to when our spirits need a lift,
A friends is someone we treasure for our friendship is a gift.
A friend is someone who fills our lives with beauty, joy, and grace
And makes the whole world we live in a better and happier place.
-Jean Kyler McManus


"A friend loves at all times..." Proverbs 17:17

2 comments:

Mise en Place said...

I'm glad we're friends!

Anonymous said...

So dear person... you say you value friendships...
let me ask you this~
When is the last time you picked up the phone...oppps was that an "old fashion" piece of technology?... & called one of those friends that "shaped" your life?