Monday, April 17, 2006

Knick Knack Paddy Whack!

It was a bright beautiful morning. The birds were singing, the wind just slightly blowing. We are getting ready for the annual Easter Egg Hunt at church. The areas are roped off, the eggs are “hidden” and the children have arrived. It suddenly dawns on me that I don’t have my camera. I have to have my camera to capture all the wonderful moments about to take place. Where is it? Ah, yes in the van. I quickly go to the van and open the side door to find my camera in the case on the very back seat in the very back corner. No problem, I’ll just use the wooden stake laying there in my van. I take it in my hand and use the end to hook the strap of the camera bag. I’m lifting it up and toward me, when it seems to catch on something, I tug harder. The camera bag releases from the stake and the force at which I was tugging comes directly toward my face. WHACK! It took me a moment to realize what had happened and even another minute to realize I had done it!

I wear glasses and have magnetic sunglasses that attach to my glasses. It knocked them right off and brought my glasses half way down my face. The pastor is approaching at this time and asks if I’m okay. I assure him I’m fine, with tears in my eyes. He asks again and I say yes, but my vision is a little blurred. I proceed inside to cool off and get some ice for my head and begin to get concerned when my vision doesn’t seem to improve. I remove my sunglasses, thinking that they had smudged from the impact and the time on the pavement. It doesn’t help. I then remove my glasses to clean them and there I discover the problem, it knocked one of my lenses from my glasses. I go back to the van and find the missing lens and pop it back into my glasses and low and behold it’s a miracle, I can see again.

It’s okay to laugh out loud, I’m still laughing!


Picture taken 2 days later, redness is gone and bruise is fading quickly, thank goodness!

1 comment:

Real Live Lesbian said...

That's hilarious. I'm glad you're okay. Sounds like me. I am blind as a bat. I don't know how many times I've had to ask other people to help me find my glasses after I take my contacts out. I'm THAT blind! LOL