Saturday, July 23, 2005

No Harm Intended

I have been "accused" of being childlike, I believe the words "Polly Anna" were used, at looking at the world and other people. I want the world to be loving, caring, understanding and tolerate. Is this too much to ask? If I choose to look at the world through rose colored glasses then let me be! I don't want to be cynical and suspicious of people. I want to believe that they will do me no harm. Being an adult I know I must be aware of dangers and I do keep my eyes open. But is it too much to ask to assume people mean you no harm before you even meet them. When they say something that gets under your skin, have you ever thought that they have their reasons for saying what they said and you really don't know what happen to them 5 minutes before they said it. I want the same consideration when I say something that may hurt someone. My intentions have never been nor will ever be to intentionally hurt someone. But there are those times that something has gotten to me or I have had no sleep (I know this is hard to believe) and something I say may come out all wrong. Please just assume I didn't mean it and I won't have to wonder who I offended. I know I could go through this world not caring who may get offended, but fortunately, it does matter to me.

No comments: