Friday, August 12, 2005

Daily Bible Verse

"While they were talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, 'Peace be with you.'" (Luke 24:36 )

I came across this explanation of inner peace and thought I would share it with you.

Regardless of where I am or what is taking place in my life right now, there is a place where I can go and be at peace.

In the silence of prayer, in the quietness of my soul, I let go of worries and fears and connect with the divine within me. Here is where I commune with God. With an unquestionable knowing, I understand that peace is mine, and I gratefully accept it.

The peace of God calms me and lets me know that the worries in my mind and heart are temporary. My divine heritage is a peace-filled, joyous existence.

In the quiet of my soul, I experience an inner peace, a peace that sees me through every experience of my life. In this quiet place, I commune with God and know true peace of mind and heart.