Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Daily Bible Verse

Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord. (1 Corinthians 15:58 KJV)


Wow! Does this not tell us that everything we do we must do for the Lord! It becomes so much easier on daily chores and mundane tasks to put it in perspective. I wash dishes and think, “Lord, I do this for you”. We should realize that everything we do is a reflection on the Lord. We must never give up this work. You think that by doing something as simple as saying “Good Morning” is not doing the Lord’s work. WRONG! Everything we do and say reflects on the Lord. Have I said that enough? I fail so many times to understand this and am ashamed at how many people I may have influenced negatively because of my ignorance. Let’s try and remember that we must put the Lord first in our lives and everything else will not be in vain.