Thursday, August 11, 2005

I'm Back.....

I am back from the ends of the earth. Oh, it was just Florida. We go every year and take my niece. I was amazed at the changes occuring in our favorite vacation spot. I have been going to Panama City Beach for 30 years and quite sure I haven't missed a year. I did not realize how much things change. It was like I just opened my eyes for the first time. I mean good grief, I was just there in May. Was I totally blinded by the sun? My husband said he didn't even recognize the place and would not even drive while we were down there for fear of getting "lost". (I'm thinking always head toward the beach, you'll find your way) Part of the charm to me in PCB is the old quaint motels and the beachside shops that offer goods you would never buy anywhere else. Well they are all almost gone! Big, tall, reaching for the sky condos are going in their place. You can't even ride down 98 and see the ocean unless you lean down and look through the parking garages of the complexes popping up. I was pleased and felt reassured that our two favorite spots are still intact. Goofy Golf and Angelo's Steakhouse. With these two all the world is on it's axis!

No comments: