Friday, September 23, 2005

Daily Bible Verse

"Then he said to them, 'Give therefore to the emperor the things that are the emperor's, and to God the things that are God's." (Matthew 22:21)

A coin held tightly in my closed hand won't buy me anything. It's only when I release the coin that I can invest it or spend it.

Sometimes I may hold a challenging situation in mind as if I were clutching it in my closed hand, refusing to release it. I realize that by not letting it go, I'm not giving it a chance to be anything other than a challenge.

In prayer, however, I release the situation into God's care. I let go of any attachment to outcome or eventuality, and I invest my trust in God.

As I let go and let God be active in my life, I open my heart to the potential blessings of every circumstance. As my prayer life builds, I become proficient at releasing to God the things better left to God, which in turn lets me focus on what is mine to do.

www.unityonline.org