Sunday, September 18, 2005

Time....


Where have I been? Now that it is the question. Have you ever just got in a funk that wouldn’t let you go? Well that wasn’t it! Have you ever felt like there is nothing left to say? Well that wasn’t it! Have you ever just had too much on your plate and the luxury of finding an hour to yourself seemed impossible? THAT WAS IT! I know there are those out there saying…. “Oh you should make time for yourself”…. Okay, sure that is what I’ll do.

I did take off time last weekend to visit my sister. It was a short trip, but at least I got to go. I did the same this weekend to visit my brother, short trip, but I did get to go. I enjoyed myself at both households. It did occur to me this weekend as I was sitting on his patio overlooking the lake with all the kids jetskiing, boating and swimming, when did I get old? I am not taking enough time to just have fun. I mean the kind that makes you feel 12. Laughing, giggling, and screaming with excitement. The kids were all doing just that and I was sitting back watching. I did decide that I don’t want to be a spectator anymore I want to be a participant. There are a few things I will need to do to reach that goal, but I am on my way. So next time I visit the lake, you won’t be seeing everyone else through the lens of my camera, you will be seeing me through the lens of someone sitting on the sidelines!








2 comments:

Mise en Place said...

I have no idea when it happens but it's happening all over, the getting old thing. However, I agree that is no reason to be standing on the side lines.

Lets get screaming with excitement!

Great post!

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha
You mean you're not taking the time to be silly anymore? What's gotten into you? OLD AGE or something? Listen here young lady, there's things in life that must be taken care of & then there's things in life that takes care of you...
laughter takes care of everything...
may I remind you of your friends...both far & near?