Wednesday, October 26, 2005

To Trip or not to Trip

Why is it that when you are getting ready to go on a trip you drive yourself insane trying to get ready? I’m worn out before I go and worn out when I get back, soooooo, I’m wondering what is the point? Yes most of the time I have a great time and see some wonderful things and experience great joys, but maybe I would see wonderful things and experience great joys right here at home.

I’m thinking if everyone else would go on a vacation and leave me here by myself, say for a week, no make it two, then I would be one happy camper. For this to become my perfect fantasy it would be necessary for them to wash their clothes and get them packed and don’t forget when they get back they have to wash them again and put them away.

When I was young it was nothing for me to hop in the car and take off somewhere. There were a lot of times I didn’t even know where I was headed until I got there. But now, I seem to freak out and try to remember every little thing that I could possibly need and pack it. Four pieces of luggage later for a weekend outing and I’m ready to go! Oh girl, get over yourself! Are you nuts? YES! Last year when I went to Hawaii, I was 1 pound under the overlimit weight for my luggage and I had the maximum number of pieces. All I kept thinking of was what was I going to do with everything I buy over there. I began to make plans with others on the trip with fewer pieces than mine, so I could use their limit.

I have several trips coming up and I need to get a handle on my sanity! I don’t need to concern myself with every little thing. I do want to go and have a good time and have memories that more than likely I’ll forget when I’m 70 with Alzhiemers. I wonder what my hubby would say if I told him I’m not packing anything, we’ll buy what we need when we get there. Maybe put the freaking out on him instead of me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your "blogs". I am sooooo
proud of you. I knew you were very talented but I love your writing. It's real,warm and witty. Are you sure you came from our "family"?. When it becomes your "book" and best seller, I'll be the first in line for an autographed copy! Take care and lots of love. Sandra

Anonymous said...

I too, worry about not having everything I need. But I think I like the "Buy it when we get there" method. I'm trying it our next trip.
Love Ya. :)