Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Old Lady, Who Me?


It's happened. I have turned into an old lady! Let's celebrate! Always wondered when this would happen and now I know. I will share with you that it happens at 47. How do I know I have turned into an old lady? I called someone sweetie tonight. They were helping me get my groceries out of my cart. I think they were in a hurry and I wasn't moving fast enough. So they took it on themselves to reach into my cart and start unloading. Hey more power to ya! I'm all for help. So when they finished removing all items from the cart, I rose from the recliner I had sat down in (just kidding) and without a thought or even a pause, I said "Thank you sweetie"! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! My first thought when it came out of my mouth was, "Where did that come from?" and "Who said that?". When I realized it was me, I began to search for ways of retracting my endearment and change it to just thank you. Too late, can't be done. Okay now you must deal with the fact that you will start referring to anyone with the slightest look of youth with terms of endearment. I always hated that. I wanted to tell whomever it was calling me all those cavity forming words to STOP! Now I am that person. I guess next I'll start pinching kids on the cheek!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Honey don't worry, we all have to get old sometime. Love Ya :)