Monday, January 30, 2006

9 Pounds, but who's counting?

It has been one week since I embarked on my new life journey. Exercise and eating less. Notice I did not say eating healthy. That will come later! I have officially lost 9 pounds! I only have 111 more to go! But who’s counting? Seriously, it’s really not about the pounds as much as the increased energy and being able to participate in life again. I have listed 10 things I want to be able to do along my journey.

1. I want to be able to run and play with my niece.

2. I want to sit in an airplane seat and not encroach on the person beside me.

3. I want to go canoeing and not fear that the canoe will capsize.

4. I want to go to the beach and not spend the first two days in the room
crying because I’m too embarrassed to go to the pool.

5. I want to buy clothes at any place other than fat lady stores.

6. I want to cross my legs.

7. I want to be as good at kickboxing as Lisa!

8. I want to tuck a shirt in. (Okay this probably won’t happen unless I
grow a butt in the process)

9. I want to try new sports!

10. I want to sit Indian style on the floor and be able to get up!


These are just a few things that I want to be able to do. One by one they will happen and through the strength that I gain through Jesus Christ and the prayers of everyone I know, this will become a reality. Oh yeah and my noodle!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go Girl!!! :)

Real Live Lesbian said...

Wow...that's amazing! If I had lost 9 pounds...I'd be counting!!!

Way to go!

Gwen

Mise en Place said...

You are doing fabulous! I think I might be with Gwen, I'd be counting baby!

I hope you are using that ribbon because I for one want to see the before and after, lol.

:)