Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Biggest Winner!

I did it! I went to the open casting call for The Biggest Loser. Two wonderful gorgeous in shape friends went with me. We stood out in the cold and rain for two hours before I realized we had not moved a block and we still had at least two more blocks to go. With numb toes and wet legs we or I decided that it was time to go. We did have our two seconds of fame. The local television station caught us on camera and aired it on the 10 o'clock news.

Looking around at others waiting to get on the show, it dawned on me, my problem is not my weight, it's that I hang out with really skinny friends. Some of these guys would have made me look GOOD!

I tell you what I did learn from this experience. I have great friends. Will die for you friends. (Risking pneumonia shows the death thing pretty well) Willing to risk divorce to hang out with a friend trying to get on a TV show to do what seems to come naturally to them kind of friend. Not able to see the AFC playoff sort of friend. I am very blessed!

We have decided that we will just start our own Biggest Loser show. Camcorder and a very loud motivator is all we need! My life is changed from this moment on. I am the BIGGEST WINNER!

3 comments:

Mise en Place said...

You ARE a winner! I'm fortunate to have such a friend.

Laney said...

Wow! Good for you! I watch that show and I am simply amazed at the fortitude and will of those contestants!

I hope that you make it, I really do!:-)

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work!!!
Love Ya