Thursday, January 19, 2006

Decisions, Decisions

I can't remember if I shared about remodeling, but just in case I didn't....WHAT WAS I THINKING? I usually don't have a problem spending money. In fact I enjoy doing it. BUT, when it's big chunks at a time I have a problem releasing it from my hand. Even to the well deserved. Our next purchases are the BIG purchases...flooring, cabinets, tile, granite and appliances. Now I am a deal seeker. Never and I mean never purchase large items for the amount they quote you. I have done my research on appliances and have came up with what I'm willing to pay. We go to several stores to find what appliances we can agree on and decide on what we (I mean hubby) wants. We find everything we want at H H Gregg (I hope it's okay to use their name in my blog) and begin negotiating with the salesman. Well there wasn't much negotiating happening. I do not like to be ignored and my hubby has never been one to deal, he has always left this to me. But the guy continued to talk to hubby. Okay. We get him to write down his quote and we leave. I stop at several places once we left there to compare prices. I found several items much less expensive (cheaper) and decide again what I'm willing to pay. I call the salesman from the aforementioned store and began to tell him that I have found several items for less and I would really like to purchase all from the same place, but I need him to help me out a little more on his price. Well I believe I got out that I had found the items for less before he RUDELY interrupts me and wants to know all the details. I'm game. I tell him and then begin to finish the sentence regarding what I'm willing to pay and he INTERRUPTS me again. He said hold on and puts me on hold! ME BAD! He then returns and says he'll see what he can do and call me back. I waited for an hour before I had to run errands and naturally he called while I was gone. HE DID NOT LEAVE A MESSAGE! I haven't heard from him since. Now what do you do, call him, look for someone else, tell him to take that really nice Fridgedaire and stick it up his.......? That was two days ago. Ok, I'm thinking take your appliances and shove them. I found them there, I'll find them elsewhere! Man I hate dealing with all these decisions!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe you are supposed to smile and enjoy it!