Monday, January 16, 2006

Water Aerobics or...

I arrive at the Y and go into the family dressing room. I close the curtain and change into my very Hawaiian print bathing suit. I leave the dressing room and sit outside the door to the pool for fear of going in. The pool is half filled with ladies over 60 in the shallow end. Their class is not finished yet and mine has not begun. I have 25 minutes. What to do? I chose to sit and watch the elderly ladies do their workout. I receive looks every once in awhile. I'm sure they're wondering what in the world I am doing. Then at 5 minutes until 8:00 am the first water duck arrives. I know she is going to be in the deep water aerobics class, because she dives into the deep water. I know, what clued you in? I make my way around the pool. Remove my cover-up and feel very naked! But hey it's just a bunch of old ladies, right? I go into the shallow end and make my way to the 10 foot deep end. Oh my, where is my floatation device? I know they said I should have one. At this time the instructor jumps into the pool, introduces herself and asks if I need a "noodle". Unsure if a "noodle" will hold me up or if I really need one, I accept it. Sure enough most everyone in the class uses one, so I participate. This is where it gets good! Sigmund Freud would have had a hay day with this one. You put the noodle between your legs and maneuver through and in the water. I was beginning to get a little excited and decided I didn't need to be flexing so tightly on the noodle. Who would have thought that I could kill two birds with one stone? Get exercise and get excited all at the same time!

I'm in heaven! I will be going back!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your blogs for the water exercises and the workout with dumb bells. People at work thought I'd gone crazy sitting hear laughing at the computer. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall / or in the water !

Keep up the good work. It will pay off in the end. I envy your strong will and devotion!

Mise en Place said...

Hey...save a "noodle" for me. It's sounds like something I will be very interested in.

Sidenote: Always, always always accept a "noodle" when offered.

Great job!

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE NOT RIGHT!!! Yeah team keep it up or down or whatever, I don't know, just keep that noodle.
Love Ya