Thursday, January 05, 2006

STUFF!

I knew it. I knew it. I knew that moving was way to easy. I forgot there are all the closets! Oh yeah, and the kitchen cabinets. Oh my gosh! Where did I get all this junk. I try throwing it away and it keeps growing. My dilemma is that I still don't want to throw it away. I just don't want it. Okay so give it to Goodwill or ARC or Salvation Army. Well that means I have to pack it in something to get it to them and boxes are a rarity at this point. If I bag it, well who knows what ends up in one piece. I would hate to think that "they" received something of no count. (not worth anything for those north of the Mason-Dixon line). Well I have a deadline and it is tomorrow and I still have two closets to go and a kitchen counter full of stuff to get rid of. The guy who is doing the ceiling is going to be there bright and early at 7:00 am and I'M NOT READY! Oh sure I could call and put him off, but when would he be able to return and if I don't keep the deadline will I push myself to finish? It is already driving me crazy and oh forget the hubby. We are at each others throat right now. He thinks one way and I think another and we all know who is right. And it is about being right. Right? One thing this experience has taught me, I don't want all those knick knacks and I don't want but 4 plates, 4 glasses, 4 forks, 4 spoons, 4 knives, 2 cups, a skillet, a pot and a cookie sheet. Of course my head is spinning with all the stuff I can't wait to buy for my new kitchen and in about 25 years I'll be thinking, "what was I thinking".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

another blog comment, what were you and Jim doing in that picture on the deck???

Anonymous said...

Stuff we just keep gathering it, because we're gatherers(?). I don't know I just know we like stuff.