Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Night before surgery and all through the house...


For the last two weeks I have had protein drinks, chicken broth, water, sugar free jello, sugar free popsicles and no sugar added fudgesicles. I did have one day that I “cheated”, but I totally blame that on the Titans. At any rate I have lost 14 pounds as of this morning. People ask if I can do that, then why have the surgery? Well, it’s because I’m STARVING, otherwise I would do just that. If you put a Sir Pizza pizza in front of me right now, I’m pretty sure I could devour it.

I am also weak, physically. It’s a strange kind of weak. I just feel less of myself. I’m like in a daze, but fully here. I seem to have lost my wit and even my mind at times. An instructor at the “Y” says you need brain food, which are good carbs. I guess she’s right, cause good bad or indifferent carbs I ain’t gettin’ and my mind seems to be going. It does help when I remember to take my vitamin. I take Flintstones Complete Chewable Multi-Vitamin. Is that not a hoot that I take a children’s vitamin.

I will have to continue the liquid diet for another week, so hopefully after that I will revert back to my jovial self. I thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers, they mean so much to me. I am truly blessed to have so many who love me and I love all of you right back. I will write again this weekend, but if for some reason the Lord above decides to take me home, I’m telling Jesus about each and every one of you and then I'm telling my Grandmother!



I have had several who have said they don't know how to leave a comment on here. If you click on comments, you can type your comment, then choose name/url and put in your name, don't worry about the url and then click publish. It's really that easy! :)

6 comments:

Lisa said...

OK it is 8:10 am. You are in surgery and I am at home saying a prayer. I am so proud of you for taking such a big challenge to improve you health. We all have some kind of addictions, some overcome and some do not. What and inspiration you are to all of us. You know I will always be here for you...(but if not call my BFF Faye haha) Love you girl..LISA

Stephanie said...

I love you sooo much & wish I could be there with you! Maybe I'll drop out of school and move in your basement? Sound good?? : ) & by the way I didn't like that little business about the Lord taking you home, because that aint happenin' until I am 68 years old : ) Hope everything went well, can't wait to talk to you!! Love & miss you! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

You did GREAT today my friend!

V.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the surgery went so well. We are really cheering for you and are very excited to see how much you will enjoy your new life. I know this week will be hard so just know we are praying for you! Love you

Anonymous said...

You're amazing that surgery looks scary. You are a beast for being on a liquid diet :)


love ya

greta said...

Christie,
It is Saturday night. I'm wondering how you are doing, but don't want to call. I've been praying for you, and I know that you are probably suffering now. BUT, I know that in no time at all you'll be feeling great and busting everyone's butt down at the Y....all of your workout buddies better look out. CJ, you are an inspiration. I think that everyone should make some huge change in their life when they turn 50...so I'm starting to think what I'll do in 3 years.
Rest, take care of yourself.
love you,
Greta