Wednesday, January 11, 2006

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!

Okay, I admit it, I like to turn the volume up when I don't feel you are understanding what I am saying. But I am sure that if I talk louder, you'll hear better. I have been informed time and time again that this is not the case. But I can't help continuing to try it. I am sure singlehandedly that I can wipe hearing aides off the face of the earth. Why do I do this? I don't know! I have tried to hold my tongue until the urge to yell passes, but it builds up and before you know it, I'm roaring at the top of my lungs because you didn't put the milk back in the refrigerator correctly. Then you disregard my enhanced tone because it makes absolutely no sense why I'm so vehement. When if I had spoke boisterously about the thing that made me bite my tongue, my point would have been made.

I have gotten a little carried away I suppose. I mean using a thunderous voice at a 9 year old is just incomprehensible. Right? Is there ever a cause to justify loosing your cool to the point of increasing your voice to the high pitch tone of a dog whistle, except you actually can hear it. It seems to be my first reaction when someone is not listening or ignoring what I am saying. I have to get this under control.

So next time you aren't agreeing, hearing, listening or just plain ignoring me, remember that MY TONE WILL GET LOUDER....AND LOUDER....AND LOUDER....

This way I know you will hear better.

3 comments:

Mise en Place said...

Incomprehensible? No it's not. I do it and mine are 7 and 5, lol!

I have the same curse...my volume is always on 10!

Anonymous said...

What did you say. I didn't hear you!

Anonymous said...

Ok, loud mouth, hold it down I am trying to concentrate!