Sunday, February 26, 2006

Weighing In

What is the problem? I mean good grief, you make up your mind to do something and you should just do it. Right? Wrong! I have done such a lousy job for the last two weeks at my attack on my weight. I have a list of excuses, I mean reasons. Would you like to hear them?

1. I have been very busy at work.
2. I am remodeling the house and my time and energy has been there.
3. It’s too hard.
4. I don’t like the instructor.
5. I don’t have time.
6. I’m too tired.
7. My mind is too preoccupied with other things.

Anything but what I should be thinking of, which of course, is my choice in what goes into my mouth or my choice in my exercise plan. I haven’t been beating myself up, which was my way of saying, “See I’m in control of this thing”. So now, I’m beating myself up and coming clean with all those who care about me. I start in the morning back on my routine of exercise and my calorie count. If by the end of the week I have not lost a minimum of 5 pounds, I will allow each and every one of you to tell me what I should be doing. I really don’t need any advice until then, but I thank those of you willing to offer it.

4 comments:

Real Live Lesbian said...

I think you're doing great. Anytime you can focus on something and not totally lose sight of your goal....that's something!

You can do this. And so can I!!!

Anonymous said...

You Can Do It!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your honesty! It helped me too. I have walked in your mocassins the last two weeks as well! Those excuses are so easy to use.

Anonymous said...

I have been doing the same thing. I have been so encouraged that you were doing so well. I started slacking about a week before you and I HAVE been beating myself up. Why does food have such a powerful control over our lives? Good luck this week. I am in the trenches with you. Love ya!