Friday, January 23, 2009

The Best Scrambled Eggs in the World!

OMGosh! After 3 weeks of nothing but liquids, jello and sugar free popsicles, do you have any idea how good scrambled eggs are? My husband, as of now the best chef in the world, cooked me up my first "blended" food and they were delicious! Two eggs with about a quarter of a cup of part skim mozerrella cheese mixed in and being 22 grams of delicious, mouth watering protein! Had I known I would get this excited about eggs, I would have got the video camera out and taped my reaction. Would you like the narrative? Well you're going to get it anyway! LOL

I sat down at the table and put the napkin in my lap. Fork in hand my husband arrives and sets before me a plate with a wonderful aroma. I take in the smell for just a few seconds and then pierce the first bite onto my fork. I raise my fork to my opened mouth and close down on it with a sound that usually only comes from the bedroom. Each bite is just like the first and all I know is I don't want this to end. The moans coming from my lips are gratitude enough for my husband who just smiles. Then as the last bite passes my lips and enters my "small" pouch I realize I have taken eggs for granted. They are wonderful! I just can't wait til the next meal.

5 comments:

CindyB said...

First of all I have to tell you what a good writer you are. Who would have thunk it!! I'm not much of a reader so I'm always looking for books the "keep my attention". If you wrote a book I think I could read it from cover to cover in one sitting!
OK. Chicken in the blender! OMG I think I'm going to have nightmares. Of course eggs are good but if YOU KEEP EATING THE CHICKEN THERE WILL BE NO MORE EGGS!!! I feel I'm on a loosing battle about the whole chicken boycott thing!
Yes, I do think 09 is the year for change. At least for me, since I'm going thru The Big "D" and I don't mean Dallas! I've been working really hard this year on having a strong and spiritual program. I'm also trying to incorporate the kids to help ease the effects of the diviorce.
I think you are a wonderful person and I am privileged to have you in my life!
Mr. Chickabee

Christie... said...

Sorry about the chicken in the blender thing! LOL
Mae

Anonymous said...

Holy @#*!&...I want to run in the kitchen RIGHT now and make some scrambled eggs, LOL!!

I have to agree...change IS good. NOT always easy, but GOOD. I saw something the other day, it said..."Even if you ARE on the right track, you will get run over if you just SIT there!"

You are so on the right track and NO longer just sitting there!

I'm proud of you my friend and will do anything I can to help you stay on the right track. I PROMISE I won't just sit there! ;)

Love you!!
V.

Anonymous said...

WOW...so where they good? I cannot wait to hear about the next food group. Your hilarious.......Lisa

Anonymous said...

Eggs, eggs, good ole eggs, glad you are able to have some solids now - that will make a BIG difference - Like I'm really eating again!
I'm so glad for you - keep up the good work.
Love ya,
Marcy