Monday, February 09, 2009

Questions and Answers

Well, well, well. It’s been awhile hasn’t it? Am I on the wagon or off the wagon? What have I been doing? How much weight have I lost or gained? What is going on? All these questions seem to be going through most of your minds and I am here to answer at least some of them. I am doing fairly well with the diet, but not as well as I should. I am HUNGRY most of the time and until I get that fill I think I will continue to struggle. I have been working out usually 4 to 5 times a week and have continually increased my speed and time on the treadmill. I have as of this morning gained 4 pounds and am ticked off at myself and at the band. I do, however, think part of this is fluid because I have had more salt than I’m used to.

Just to let you know what a typical day is suppose to be I’ll list my menu.

Breakfast
2 eggs scrambled with ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese

2 – 16 oz. of water before lunch

Lunch
3 oz. grilled chicken breast with 2 tbsp of BBQ Sauce or Teriyaki Sauce

2 – 16 oz. of water before dinner

Dinner
3 oz. grilled salmon with 2 tbsp of Teriyaki Sauce

1 – 16 oz. water before bedtime

I have no problem with breakfast and lunch isn’t too bad, but when it comes to dinner, I am starving and instead of eating 3 oz. I will eat 6 oz. and if I can find anything else that sounds good to me like BREAD, then I’m all over it. I will say that my husband, God love him, has tried to make sure none of the “bad” items are in the house, but it is unfair to him not to have certain things like a baked potato with his meal. Baked potatoes are not on my menu because they are bad carbs but when I’m hungry I will eat the baked potato. He tries to discourage my indulgence, but I am quick to tell him he is not my keeper and he better back off! I think it’s kind of like Linda Blair in The Exorcist. Of course an occasional baked potato or even a snatched piece of bread is not going to add 4 pounds to me, but if I add 2 pieces of pizza or 6 sausage balls or a milk shake, you can better believe it’s going to stick to me like glue on paper.

I actually have fantasies of just going off to a hotel room and ordering pizza and bringing in M&M’s and Cashews and Cheese-Its and Pringles and eating myself into a coma. WHY? WHY? WHY? I know it’s not worth it and I am not going to do it, but why does this have such a control over me? Actually picturing the scene at the hotel makes me not indulge in all the bad stuff at once. All I see is a big huge fat girl cramming junk into her mouth and left crying on the bed.

I appreciate all of your support and encouragement and if I have let any of you down, please, please forgive me. This thing ain’t over and I WILL be losing once again. Just stay with m
e.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me down? NEVER! Changing your life and eating habits are hard. If it wasn't then everyone would do it and everyone would be thin. Food tastes good and it is a curse of life. I think that in the Bible when God cursed Eve in the garden with painful childbirth he forgot to include the part that said "oh yeh, and the most calorie filled food will taste the best and vegetables will taste like dirt". I may be improvising but I am pretty sure he said that. Like you said the food tastes so great for the 5 minutes it takes to eat everything in sight BUT then it is hours and hours of regret. Just keep at it. The weight will eventually come off. You must be feeling better because of the exercise alone though right? I think you are doing a great job. Are you watching Biggest Loser on Tuesday nights? It REALLY encourages me. Just a suggestion. Too bad we don't have Jullian. She would whoop our butts.

Anonymous said...

LOL, Yeah that interpretation may be in the "Womens" Bible.

The exercise does make me feel better, but it is also bringing on more aches and pains at the same time!

As far as Jillian is concerned, no way do I want her on my butt, I may take Bob, at least he can be sweet!

Anonymous said...

Great comment about Eve...she messed everything up by what?...eating what she wasn't suppose to EAT!! I never put that together I always thought she wanted to be wiser..SHE wanted the juiciest,mouthwatering, most tasty fruit in the garden. Who could blame her certainly not I... LISA

Stephanie said...

You could never let me down! This is a whole lifestyle you are having to change & if anything I look up to you & am proud of you for being brave enough to face this problem & change your life!! You are going to have times of weakness just like the rest of us and it will get easier!! I love & miss you & am thinking of you always!!

Anonymous said...

Maeeeeeee - I love you! It's going to take time and adjustments. Your doing great. Hang in there baby!
Mr. Chickabee

Anonymous said...

Rock N Roll....Kick some ass...you go girl...3 cheers...hip hip & all that jazz!!
Chris, you're doing great even if you don't think so or feel it. :-)
Care to sit down on the "swings" soon? Our chats always solved our troubles. Let me know when & where and I'll be there.
LoL Cin